MorningChores is created to help and inspire people to become self-sufficient. We always welcome new writers to join our pool of contributors to help us help more people.
If you have a strong passion and experience in gardening, raising livestock animals, beekeeping, survival, prepping, food preservation and recipes, foraging, farming, frugal living, off-grid alternatives, woodworking, self-sufficient living, and (most importantly) a desire to help people by producing quality, then you are more than welcome to write for us.
In return, you will get paid $35 for each article published.
What kind of article do we publish?
We and readers at MorningChores love actionable advice and ideas that we can apply in our own lives. But more importantly, the article should be written by someone who actually knows (and does) the stuff they write.
That is why before you submit your article, we need to know who you are.
For the same reason, we do not accept articles that are written for the purpose to push a certain website or business. If you want to advertise, please use the Contact page instead. We'll be in touch.
If you do want to write because you want to share your knowledge and expertise, here are a few ideas for the type of article that work best (and have a high chance of getting approved):
- Something you do recently that works to achieve something
- The steps you take to do or make something
- Why do you think “X” is great and why people should try/do/have it too
- Something you discovered that works surprisingly well and makes your life better
- A concept you know well that you think a beginner would appreciate if you explain it
How do I start?
Below you'll find an embedded form you can use to tell us about yourself and the article you want to write. If you're a good fit, we'll be in touch with the next steps.
By using this form you agree to us storing your information.
What is the Contributor Pool?
Once or a couple times per month, we send a list of titles to our list of contributors. If you join the contributor pool, you will receive the list of titles and choose one that is still available. Then you can work with our editors to write the article. To sign up, fill the form above and make sure to choose YES on the last question about joining contributor pool.
We don't approve everyone who submitted the form to join the contributor pool. It depends on the availability and whether you are a good fit.
How do I get my article approved?
We don't publish every single contribution we receive, only ideas that fit our goals and articles that meet our standard will be published. Yes, this also means even if we approve your title ideas, there is a chance we do not publish the final draft.
Here are a few tips to increase your chance of getting published:
- Be genuinely helpful
- Make sure we haven't published something similar (use the search icon on the top right)
- Be thorough, don't leave any information gap
- Write well. We'll help improve your article, but you need to at least make it well-structured and easy to understand
- Fact-check your article and tell us your source
- Include original photos, they'll make your article stand out from the rest
- Show your expertise