MorningChores is created to help and inspire people to become self-sufficient. We always welcome new writers to join our pool of contributors to help us help more people.
If you have a strong passion and experience in gardening, raising livestock animals, beekeeping, survival, prepping, food preservation and recipes, foraging, farming, frugal living, off-grid alternatives, woodworking, self-sufficient living, and (most importantly) a desire to help people by producing quality, then you are more than welcome to write for us.
In return, you will get paid $35 for each article published.
What kind of article do we publish?
We and readers at MorningChores love actionable advice and ideas that we can apply in our own lives. But more importantly, the article should be written by someone who actually knows (and does) the stuff they write.
That is why before you submit your article, we need to know who you are.
For the same reason, we do not accept articles that are written for the purpose to push a certain website or business. If you want to advertise, please use the Contact page instead. We'll be in touch.
However, if you actually want to write because you want to share your knowledge and expertise—aside from making an extra income, here are a few ideas for the type of article that work best (and have a high chance of getting approved):
- Something you did recently that works and you gain something positive from it
- The steps you took or did to make/create/build something
- Why do you think “Something” is great and why people should try/do/have it too
- Something you discovered that worked surprisingly well and makes your life better and easier
- A skill or knowledge you know well enough and you think a beginner would be helped if you explain it to them
How do I start?
Below you'll find an embedded form you can use to tell us about yourself and upload the article you write. If you're a good fit, we'll be in touch.
By using this form you agree to us storing your information.
How do I get my article approved?
We don't publish every single contribution we receive, only ideas that fit our goals and articles that meet our standard will be published. But don't worry, we will tell you within 7 days if your article is going to be published, and if it's not you can still publish it somewhere else.
Please note that while your article is being reviewed within the 7-day period and if we decide to publish your article, you cannot publish it elsewhere.
Here are a few tips to increase your chance of getting published:
- Be genuinely helpful
- Make sure we haven't published something similar (use the search icon on the top right)
- Be thorough, don't leave any information gap
- Write well. We'll help improve your article, but you need to at least make it well-structured and easy to understand
- Fact-check your article and tell us your source
- Include original photos, they'll make your article stand out from the rest
- Show your expertise