MorningChores is created to help and inspire people to become self-sufficient. We always welcome new writers to join our pool of contributors to help us help more people.
If you have a strong passion and experience in gardening, raising livestock animals, beekeeping, survival, prepping, food preservation and recipes, foraging, farming, frugal living, off-grid alternatives, woodworking, self-sufficient living, and a desire to help people by writing helpful guides, then you are more than welcome to write for us.
In return, you will get paid $50 for each article published.
What kind of article do we publish?
We and readers at MorningChores love actionable advice and ideas that we can apply in our lives. But more importantly, the article should be written by someone who actually knows (and does) the stuff they write. That is why before you submit your article, we need to know who you are.
For the same reason, we do not accept articles that are written for the purpose to push a certain website or business. If you want to advertise, please use the Contact page instead. We’ll be in touch.
However, if you actually want to write because you want to share your knowledge and expertise—aside from making an extra income, here are a few ideas for the type of article that work best and have a high chance of getting approved:
- Something you did recently that works and you gain something positive from it
- The steps you took or did to make/create/build something
- Why do you think “Something” is great and why people should try/do/have it too
- Something you discovered that worked surprisingly well and makes your life better and easier
- A skill or knowledge you know well enough and you think others can benefit from it if you explain to them
How do I start?
Below, you’ll find an embedded form you can use to tell us about yourself and upload the article you write. If you’re a good fit, we’ll be in touch.
By using this form you agree to us storing your information.
What if I don’t have an article to submit yet?
We receive too many low-effort submissions every day from marketers who only want to promote their websites or businesses that submissions from people who actually have something interesting to say get buried. That is why we want contributors to submit an article first.
However, we understand that not everyone is willing to spend their time writing without any agreement in front. So, if you don’t have an article to submit yet, and don’t want to write a full-length article, just write a short summary with some bullet points of what you’re going to be writing.
Obviously, the more detailed your summary is, the higher the chance for it to be reviewed.
Also, if you submit only a summary and then we ask you to finish the article, there is still a chance we decide not to publish (mainly if the finished draft is not what we expected from the summary).
How do I get my article approved?
We don’t publish every single contribution we receive, only ideas that fit our goals and articles that meet our standard will be published. But don’t worry, we will tell you within 7 days if your article is going to be published, and if it’s not you can still publish it somewhere else.
Please note that while your article is being reviewed within the 7-day period and if we decide to publish your article, you cannot publish it elsewhere.
Here are a few tips to increase your chance of getting published:
- Be genuinely helpful
- Make sure we haven’t published something similar (use the search icon on the top right)
- Be thorough, don’t leave any information gap
- Write well. We’ll help improve your article, but you need to at least make it well-structured and easy to understand.
- Fact-check your article. Never misinform the readers, intentionally or not. And always tell us your source of information.
- Take photos from your house/farm/garden, they’ll make your article stand out from the rest
- Show your expertise