MorningChores is pleased to announce the annual scholarship opportunity for college students, vocational, and trade schools in the USA who share the same passion with us. Our goal is to help students to follow their dreams by providing the opportunity to learn something they love and need to a selected few.
If you think you have what it takes to get the scholarship, give it a try.
How Can You Qualify?
- We welcome all students from universities and vocational schools. If you are below 18 or if you're still in high school, you can still join with the consent of your parents or a legal guardian before joining.
- Having a strong passion for gardening, farming, raising livestock, green living, homesteading, agriculture, and permaculture is a major factor. You don't have to have actual experience.
How Does it Work?
Write 1500-2000 words long essay about how people living in the urban area can adopt the sustainable lifestyle. In other words, what are the ways or steps people can take in order to reduce carbon footprint and their use of Earth's natural resources?
Here are the criteria we are looking for in your essay:
Keep in mind that there are many articles out there related to this topic. That's why we need you to think of original, creative ideas that are feasible and can actually be applied by most people (i.e. without drastically changing their current lifestyle).
We only allow one submission per person.
Once you're done with your essay, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org in a Microsoft Word, Google Docs, or Adobe PDF format. There is no layout and font formatting guidelines, as long as the essay is easy to read.
The deadline for submission is February 1, 2017.
Along with your essay, please include:
- Full name with address and phone number
- Name of your school or university
- Proof of student
What's in it for You?
We will pick the winner by March 1, 2017. If your essay is chosen to be the winner, we will send $1,000 check directly to your college by the end of March. You will also get the chance to be one of our regular writers.
Terms and Condition
- MorningChores reserves the exclusive rights to publish (and not to publish) any of the entries it receives
- The site will not charge or ask for entry fees from students
- All contact information submitted by applicants will be used only for the purpose of contacting chosen applicants
- MorningChores will not contact applicant unless he/she is the winner
- Submitted entries are expected, and should be, duly accomplished by the applicants
- Incomplete entries will not be considered and processed
- Non-English submissions will automatically be rejected
- Submissions without name/address/phone number, name of school, and proof of student will automatically be rejected